UC Davis, Aggie Pride is something you hear a lot about, with good reason. Our athletic program is one of the largest in the country, with more than 750 student-athletes participating in 23 varsity sports. And no game is complete without the enthusiasm of the Aggie Pack or the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh!, the heart of Aggie Pride. Go Ags!
Attend a game and see Aggie Pride in action as UC Davis begins its second year in NCAA Division I!
In 2008-09, UC Davis' second year of NCAA Division I play:
- Big West Conference championships were claimed by men's golf (tournament champions) and women's water polo (tri-champions for regular season)
- The UC Davis men's soccer team advanced to the second round of the NCAA Division I championships. Eleven Aggie teams were represented in NCAA Division I post-season competition.
- UC Davis student-athletes received 52 Big West Academic All-Conference awards for fall sports. To be eligible, student-athletes must have maintained a 3.2 cumulative grade-point average or better.
- Nine UC Davis student-athletes garnered 13 All-America awards, including standout John Faletoese of the football team, who earned distinction on three All-America teams.
- Three Aggie student-athletes have earned NCAA Woman of the Year awards: Kelly Albin (2004) for lacrosse, and Tanisha Silas (2002) and Jamila Demby (1999) for track and field.
Aggie Pack, Keeping the Pride Alive!
Go Ags! The Aggie Pack is the largest student spirit organization in the country and is renowned for its “fan-atic” support of every UC Davis Aggie team. With over 8,000 members, the Aggie Pack ensures that every home game is a lively event! Come on out to cheer on the team and make some new friends!
- With the Aggie Pack's support, UC Davis intercollegiate athletics teams have achieved over a 75 percent home winning record
- The Aggie Pack is free for all students to join. Admission to all regular-season games is free and members receive a free t-shirt at their first game!